First steps in University Teaching
Are you new to University teaching and are you planning your first lecture or seminar? In our Début one-day course we will prepare you for the first steps. You will get input on how to plan a lecture or seminar, how to define clear learning outcomes, and how to activate students. You will also address the topic of quality assessment and evaluation, as well as different kinds of group work. In addition to this, the course provides the opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences, both with other university colleagues as well as with experts in the field of university teaching and learning.
You will receive a certificate of attendance. Début is held before the beginning of each semester.
- The participants will be able to apply important didactic concepts and methods to plan, perform and evaluate their teaching.
- They will be able to identify specific questions about university teaching and will know where to get support if needed.
- They can reflect on their role as a university teacher and will be able to confidently take their first steps into university teaching.
Content of the course
Début is a course for teaching and research assistants starting their university teaching career. As a participant, you will get acquainted with practical methods and instruments as well as tips for your teaching practice.
Timetable and structure of the course
- Preparation: Please bring your own device
- Location: UZH City Campus, SOF, Schönbergstrasse 1, 8001 Zürich map
- Time: Début starts on time at 08:30 am. Please allow for some extra time to register.
- Morning program: Basic inputs and workshops
- Afternoon program: Specific workshops on relevant didactical theme
Introduction and Conclusion: English
Workshops: choice of English or German
Dates and Registration
06.02.2018 Registration Début
(Registration will close on January 22nd 2018)